Global Chinwaggers
29 March, 2024, 07:15
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Chat Staff List Login Register  

What type of car do you drive?

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What type of car do you drive?  (Read 353 times)
DingBat
Forum Bat
Administrator

Good post? 7

Badges: (View All)
Search Combination Topic Starter
« on: 16 February, 2010, 18:15 »

Just wondering what type of car everyone drives, if any?  Also, what would you have if money wasn't an object?

Me:  I drive a silver Ford Falcon sedan.  For our international members, that's a six cylinder straight motor, five seats, cruise control, air bags, air-con; bit old but very reliable and comfortable.  Not so great on the juice, but fine for the amount of kilometres/miles that I do. Thumbs up  I'm very happy with it, although I prefer the station wagon version. Nod yes  I also have a preference for white cars, for safety reasons.

Given the choice, I'd probably have a four-wheel drive (mainly for the extra height in seeing over and around all those other bleddy 4x4's on the roads nowadays!!), perhaps a Nissan X-Trail or similar, although I do love the Ford F350s (alas, they don't make 'em any more Sad and they're petrol/diesel/gas guzzlers Irked)

I've no particular hankering for a 'fancy' car (sports type or otherwise), but I can understand those who do (with some exceptions, such as for status symbol value).

So, what's your car and what would you have given the chance?

Just to clarify things, in Australia:

A sedan is usually a straight-forward four door car, also called a saloon in UK.
A hatchback is normally either a three or five door smaller car.
A station wagon is a five door sedan with a bit of extra room at the back instead of a boot/trunk.  Also, called an estate car in UK.

« Last Edit: 16 February, 2010, 18:19 by DingBat » Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Sheila248
Chinwaggers

Good post? 6

Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #1 on: 17 February, 2010, 16:35 »

I drive a red Mazda 6 Turbo Diesel Wagon that only comes in manual - I got it for my 40th birthday and I love it and wouldn't want anything else.  You should see her fly when I need to put my foot down and overtake trucks going up the hill!!!

Grin Blush
Report Spam   Logged

Pootsie
Perfect Of Or To Sight
Foxy Chinwaggers

Good post? 4

« Reply #2 on: 22 February, 2010, 11:53 »

Considering the news lately, I shouldn't admit it, but I've been a Toyota fan since 1987, when I bought my first Camry.  I've owned three Camrys, and now I'm in a Lexus, husband inherited the last Camry when I got the Lexus.  It's a standard 'C' model, I've never wanted anything bigger.  I've never had a bit of trouble with floormats, or accellerator pedals, and I'm not particularly worried that I will.  I love Toyotas.

If I were to dream about another car, it would probably be a Jaguar, I've always loved their looks.  I did look at them when I was shopping for the Lexus, but I just couldn't justify the additional 10 to 15 thousand dollars that I would have to spend to own one.
Report Spam   Logged

Dance like nobody is watching! 
smiliekiwi
Sizzling Hot Enthusiast
Global Moderator

Good post? 8

« Reply #3 on: 30 April, 2010, 09:32 »

The only thing wrong with Toyotas is.... they just keep going and going.

We've been married 28 years,... and had only four cars in that time!!
first we had a mitzi galant... sporty... but green,  and as it only had two doors, had to go when our first child was on the way.

then we go a corona I think,  green boring,
when number three was on the way, we upped to a Ford econovan,  red with white diagonal strips... very distinctive.. people were always telling us when they saw us!

then 2000 we bought our latest van   toyota master ace 1985!.  AT THE TIME it was 'flash'   awesome stereo, 10 CD changer... Air conditioning,   seats folded down to bed... and  yeah loved it....
till  a couple of years ago the stereo shorted  Sad 
We don't need a van anymore but want something big enough for when we go camping.  but it's very hard for my hubby to just go out and buy a new vehicle.... you know... if it aint broke don't fix it!    I refuse to go for it's warrants anymore.. Blush  He can do it!
You put your foot down,  it roars.... but doesn't go any faster
the brakes are drama queens and squeal for no reason.
and it drinks petrol, like my teens drink V!

But apart from that...
it keeps going
and going
and going
Report Spam   Logged

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
Carnie

Good post? 3

Combination Level 2 Level 1
« Reply #4 on: 01 May, 2010, 10:09 »

I drive an Astra and love it but if money was no object I'd have a limousine & chauffeur  Roll eyes
Report Spam   Logged
smiliekiwi
Sizzling Hot Enthusiast
Global Moderator

Good post? 8

« Reply #5 on: 01 May, 2010, 15:50 »

and of course you'd come and pick us all up, and pour us a glass of bubbly..... if money was no object.
Report Spam   Logged

Souly
Enchantingly Mystical Sylph
Foxy Chinwaggers

Good post? 10

« Reply #6 on: 08 May, 2010, 07:28 »

I am a classic/vintage car fan. I am particularly fond of Plymouths, Chargers and Dodges...but am a fair allrounder. My father owned a 1956 Plymouth...she was gorgeous!

I've had all sorts of makes and models over the years, but I do like Toyotas...particularly Camrys. I have a silver 1994 Toyota Camry Lumiere 2L Automatic. She's got blue/grey velveteen upholstery and plenty of legroom which is just as well, as my son is growing at a fast rate of knots!!!) I've never had a brand new car  Sad But this car is my angel car, and I love her. Here's how she came about....

When my marriage broke down, I got one car, he got the other. Mine was a white Mitsubishi Lancer, automatic, hatchback. Good little car most of the time and economical for me to run the kids around here, there and everywhere. Unbeknowns to me, the ex had put her as collateral on a loan I didn't know he had and I was pursued for 2 years by the finance company because he wasn't paying (typical!). Anyway...the car deteriorated drastically over those two years...just too much mileage (and unlike Toyotas, they don't go on forever). In the end, she died...the finance company wanted the car still, and when I rang them to say they could come and pick her up, and they asked what had changed my mind, I told them the car was dead...they didn't want it anymore! HA!!! Anyway....about the same time, I got very sick, ended up in hospital, serious situation, but slowly improved. On my last day in hospital, I got a text from someone I hardly knew. She knew I'd been having so many troubles with the car, had come into some money and wanted me to get my car fixed to the value of $2000 and she would pay. No go, thanks heaps, says me...the car is dead, irretrievable. (still in shock, of course! that someone would give me $2000, no strings attached!) She told me to go look for another car...she was coming to my place the following week with $2000 cash and I could but whatever car I wanted. She did exactly that. Anyway...the day after she gave me the money, a friend of mine came to visit to see how I was since coming out of hospital. She wanted to tell me something...but I was so overwhelmed by the previous day, I just had to tell her the story. She sat and listened, and then smiled.....and then told me she was there to do exactly the same thing! She gave me $2000 as well! Man, I cried and cried and cried. Now I had $4000 to go buy a car....and I ended up with my lovely Camry, which I treasure!!!
Report Spam   Logged
smiliekiwi
Sizzling Hot Enthusiast
Global Moderator

Good post? 8

« Reply #7 on: 13 May, 2010, 20:09 »

Wow  Angel gift!
Report Spam   Logged

Pootsie
Perfect Of Or To Sight
Foxy Chinwaggers

Good post? 4

« Reply #8 on: 14 May, 2010, 20:38 »

Wow, Souly, that's amazing!  It's a good example of 'what goes around comes around'.  Good for you!
Report Spam   Logged

Dance like nobody is watching! 
DingBat
Forum Bat
Administrator

Good post? 7

Search Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #9 on: 15 May, 2010, 09:02 »

Wow Driving Thumbs up
Report Spam   Logged

smiliekiwi
Sizzling Hot Enthusiast
Global Moderator

Good post? 8

« Reply #10 on: 16 September, 2010, 13:06 »

I haven't told you about our new car?Confused??

actually think I have in another thread..
Report Spam   Logged

Maestro

Good post? 2

Combination Topic Starter Level 2
« Reply #11 on: 27 February, 2012, 05:00 »

which one do i say work or personal?  Lol

personally, i drive a Mercedes E-350 convertible. yes is flash Blush but makes driving to italy and around italy much better with wind blowing and sun shining Grin is very juicy and i rarely drive it lol.. waste of time really livin in city of london  Undecided

Report Spam   Logged
Souly
Foxy Chinwaggers

Good post? 10

« Reply #12 on: 27 February, 2012, 06:13 »

Very noiiiiiice! What colour?
Report Spam   Logged
Maestro

Good post? 2

« Reply #13 on: 27 February, 2012, 06:34 »

Silver.. much prefer purple though Undecided
Report Spam   Logged
Souly
Foxy Chinwaggers

Good post? 10

« Reply #14 on: 27 February, 2012, 06:50 »

YAY! A man after me own 'eart! When I win LOTTO (God, that better be soon!) I want a purple one of these....

Report Spam   Logged
Maestro

Good post? 2

« Reply #15 on: 28 February, 2012, 01:15 »

looks nice.. can tell its a woman's car though. Lol
Report Spam   Logged
Souly
Foxy Chinwaggers

Good post? 10