Global Chinwaggers
29 March, 2024, 04:24
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Chat Staff List Login Register  

Read any good books lately?

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Read any good books lately?  (Read 522 times)
Souly
Enchantingly Mystical Sylph
Foxy Chinwaggers

Good post? 10

Badges: (View All)
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #20 on: 25 June, 2011, 13:29 »

I'm currently reading Nutrition for Blokes, by Quentin Grady. Nope, I'm not thinking of becoming a bloke! But I knew Quentin and was intrigued to find that he had written this book in his last years, while he was fighting illnesses.

Quentin was a very dry, intellectual bloke. Sometimes he spoke in a fashion that lost my concentration cos I didn't understand it. No matter, cos I still liked him. There was something about Quentin that made him extremely interesting. He was an engineer and a teacher and a wonderful husband to a friend of mine.

The book is surprisingly easy to read. I half expected he would have written it in a very methodical, research type way. But no. It is full of very dry humour, and very good health and nutrition facts, including good home food ways to deal with pain, inflammation and other issues. I have laughed and laughed, as I am sure anyone would, even if they didn't know him.

I am still reading it...while I know most of the nutritional information he gives, he gives it in a 'down to earth bloke' way, and this opens almost a whole new perspective. This is a sort of 'mixed read' for me, having known Quentin before he passed...sad, yet humourous and informative.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: